Data Science Course for Business Leaders
The Data Science course for business leaders is intended to expose data science and machine learning concepts to C-Level executives and other managers keen to implement these techniques in their business.
Machine learning is a hot topic these days, and for good reason; companies can find rich insights in their data, allowing them to make better business decisions. But how does one go about starting a machine learning project? How can you tell if machine learning is the best tool for the job? This course aims to answer these questions by providing a high-level overview of what data science and machine learning is, and how it can be used in your business. Attendees will be exposed to the machine learning process, some of the tools and perform a practical hands-on example. Most importantly, attendees will come away with an understanding of how machine learning works and what sort of business questions can be asked and answered using this technology.
C-Level executives and managers keen to implement machine learning.
No prior experience in machine learning or data science is necessary. All necessary trial subscriptions will be activated during the course.
- Differences between machine learning, data science and artificial intelligence.
- How the scientific method is applied to data.
- What questions can be asked and which algorithms to use.
- Practical hands-on lab to predict employee churn in an organisation.
At the end of the course, users will be able to:
- Identify potential use cases for machine learning in their organisation.
- Determine where to start on the implementation of a machine learning project.
- Differentiate between the most common types of machine learning algorithms and identify where and when to use them.
- Use the Azure Machine Learning studio to perform a basic classification project.
Upcoming Course Details
- Date: 14 August 2019
- Time: 08:30 – 13:00
- Venue: Altron Karabina, Fourways, Johannesburg
- Cost: R 1950,00 per person (including lunch)